Notable Websites and Publications That Have Featured Us:
- Photography featured on the official Island Air Instagram Feed (October 2016)
- Photography featured on the official Hawaiian Airlines Instagram Feed (May 2016)
- Photography featured on the official Hawaiian Airlines Instagram Feed (April 2016)
- Featured in a 4-page spread in the Japanese lifestyle magazine, My Only Hawaii (Issue 3, Spring/Summer 2015).
- Freelance piece on the Waikiki Historic Trail for Joie de Vivre Hotels (June 2015).
- Freelance piece on Musubi for Joie de Vivre Hotels (May 2015).
- Freelance piece on Martin & MacArthur for Joie de Vivre Hotels (April 2015).
- Tripadvisor’s Flipkey blog mentioned Exploration: Hawaii as one of the “Top Hawaii Bloggers To Follow” (April 2015).
- Freelance piece on Madre Chocolate for Joie de Vivre Hotels (April 2015).
- Freelance pieve on the Brewseum for Joie de Vivre Hotels (March 2015).
- MSN Travel featured an articled titled 5 Under-The-Radar Hawaii Sites That Are As Historic As They Are Beautiful, which originally appeared on Huffington Post. Exploration: Hawaii is cited in a reference to the Aiea Loop Trail (February 2015).
- Quoted in an Associated Press piece that appeared in numerous national publications, including the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, on the State’s social media efforts to curb people from hiking Sacred Falls (February 2015).
- Freelance piece on Mojo Barbershop for Joie de Vivre Hotels (February 2015).
- Interviewed and quoted for a piece that aired on KHON 2 News (Hawaii’s Fox affiliate) regarding hiking and social media (February 2015).
- Freelance piece on the Makapuu Lighthouse Trail for Joie de Vivre Hotels (February 2015).
- Freelance piece on Heavenly for Joie de Vivre Hotels (January 2015).
- The Honolulu Coffee Company mentioned Exploration: Hawaii as one of their favorite Hawaii lifestyle blogs (October 2014).
- Turtle Bay’s blog, Oahu’s Fabled North Shore, featured our piece on Why Hiking in Hawaii is Awesome (June 2014).
- Exploration: Hawaii did a guest post for So Much More Hawaii, Hawaii’s official tourism blog (April 2014).
- Double Takes Travel and Design Blog, voted one of Fathom’s 24 Best Travel Blogs and Websites for 2014, featured two of our timelapse videos (April 2014).
- An Exploration: Hawaii photo was printed in the March 2014 issue of Honolulu Magazine, and also used on their website (March 2014).
- The Huffington Post referenced Exploration: Hawaii in a piece about Stairway To Heaven (January 2014).
- We were mentioned as one of the “Best Hawaii Blogs” according to this article on TripAdvisor (October 2013).
- We were cited in two online news articles by KITV News (Hawaii’s ABC affiliate), on the death of hiker Leslie Merrell and on extreme hiking in hawaii (March 2012).
- Video of the Exploration: Hawaii website was featured in a news piece on KHON 2 News (Hawaii’s Fox affiliate), on the death of hiker Leslie Merrell (March 2012).
- Facebook is sort of our second home.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. We don’t send spam, just Aloha. Subscribe today.
- Instagram is a great journal of where we are and where we’ve been.
- We tweet on Twitter too, sort of.
Remember what Fonzie was like? Cool. That’s how we’re gonna be — cool. Critical is fine, but if you’re rude, we’ll delete your stuff. Please do not put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials and not your business name, as the latter comes off like spam. Have fun and thanks for adding to the conversation! (Thanks to Tim Ferriss for the inspiration)
How Can You Support This Site?
If you’re traveling soon, consider booking through the links on this website (mainly Holoholo Weekly), throughout our various posts, and in our Newsletter. Whenever you buy something from one of our affiliate links, we get a small kick back. All the best companies are listed, using the links doesn’t cost you any extra, and it helps keep the site free, fun, and community supported! If you have any questions, please e-mail me. Here are a few links to get you started:
- Book your next flight with Hawaiian Airlines
- Save big with these deals at Expedia.com
- Buy stuff on Amazon.
We do the stuff featured on this website because it’s fun. Having said that, please review our full disclaimer before you attempt anything posted on Exploration: Hawaii.