We had so many food photos from our recent camping trip at Bellows, that I thought they deserved their own post. From bibingka (filipino mochi) to “wooden candy” (an Indian snack) to marinated chicken from Kalihi Super Meats. We had a wide variety of ethnic foods that sort of blended well together, or maybe not. We had left over chow mein (from dinner the night before) that made for a good early morning dish once heated up on the mini grill. We also indulged on Mega Stuf Oreos. I highly recommend those Mega Stuf Oreos. And we also had a breakfast invention conceptualized by Ahnate, our resident breakfast guru. He whipped up delicious jalapeno SPAM breakfast burritos. They really hit the spot after a morning of sunrise watching. SPAM fanatics, I’ve posted the recipe below.
Ingredients (makes 4 breakfast burritos):
- 1 can of Jalapeno SPAM
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (or to your liking)
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Dice the SPAM.
- Crack 6 large eggs into a bowl and mix.
- Scramble the eggs in a hot pan and mix in the diced SPAM.
- Mix cheese into the eggs and SPAM.
- Place mix into a plate.
- Lightly toast tortilla wraps on the pan.
- Add egg and spam mix to the tortilla, add salsa to your liking, and roll into a burrito.
Below you’ll find more food related photos of mischief taken during our Bellows Camping Trip.